To travel to Argentina you have to take into account the following requirements, some are mandatory and others will depend on whether your country has a visa exemption agreement.
To enter the country as a tourist (for a period of 90 days for leisure) , with the possibility of extending the extension for another equal period), it is necessary to have an identification document, a valid passport valid for six months from the date of entry into the country – with or without a visa. Most of the countries in Latin America, the United States and France do not require a visa.
Citizens of member or Mercosur member countries can do so only with their National Identity Document, and in these cases the tourism permit is 90 days.
The maximum period of stay in the country is 90 days, with the possibility of extending that same period only once. To extend it, before the period originally granted expires, you will have to present yourself in one of the delegations of the National Migration Office.
The following countries do not require a Tourist Visa:
Germany – Andorra – Armenia – Australia – Austria – Barbados – Belgium – Bolivia – Brazil – Bulgaria – Canada – Chile – Cyprus – Colombia – South Korea – Costa Rica – Croatia – Denmark – Ecuador – El Salvador – Slovakia – Slovenia – Spain – United States – Estonia – Finland – France – Georgia – Grenada – Greece – Guatemala – Guyana – Haiti – Honduras – Hong Kong – Hungary – Ireland – Iceland – Israel – Italy – Jamaica – Japan – Kazakhstan – Latvia – Liechtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Macedonia – Malaysia – Malta – Mexico – Monaco – Montenegro – Nicaragua – Norway – New Zealand – Netherlands – Panama – Paraguay – Peru – Poland – Portugal – Puerto Rico – United Kingdom – Czech Republic – Romania – Russia – Saint Kitts and Nevis – San Marino – Saint Vincent and the Granad inas – Serbia – Singapore – South Africa – Sweden – Switzerland – Suriname – Thailand – Trinidad and Tobago – Turkey – Ukraine – Uruguay – Venezuela – Yugoslavia.
In the page of the National Directorate of Migrations you will find an updated list with the countries that need to process a visa.
Requirements according to the nationality of the traveler: Tourist Visa
People whose country does not have visa exemption, must process the tourist visa, presenting themselves before any Consular Representation of the Argentine Republic to carry out the procedure personally, with the following documentation (original and copy) before the corresponding Consulate:
- Valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into the country, and at least one sheet (two pages) available in white
- Two current photographs 4×4 cm, front, color, white background
- Full visa application form (preferably electronically) and signed by the applicant.
- Constance of economic solvency (For example, last receipts of assets, last summary of credit card or last summary of bank account)
- Reservation of round trip (it is recommended not to acquire the tickets until the visa has not been granted).
- Reservation of the hotel and tourist itinerary.
- In case of not having a hotel reservation, and if an invitation is e physical or family person, a letter of invitation.
- Consular fee payment: $ 150 (US Dollars or Euros, according to the Consular Representation of processing, payable in the local currency where the Representation is located).
- Consular interview.